May is around the corner and I made another monthly poem for my class. I am use to introducing a poem the first day of the month. We read the poem and we do different things, such as:
- We clap words.
- We copy sentences from the poem in sentence strips.
- We also repeat the poem using the pocket chart.
- We find rhyming words.
- We recite the poem as a whole and in small groups.
- We talk about May and celebrations or special dates.
- We talked about weather changes during May.
- We draw the poem.
Do you use monthly poems? What do you do with them?